University of Waterloo
- 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON, N2L 3G1view map
- (519) 888-4567
- (519) 884-8009
- St. Jerome's University
- Enrolments are “Full-time Equivalent” (FTE) figures (Statistics Canada, 2005-06)
- Operating Expenditures (CAUBO, 2005-06)
- Research Grants (Tri-Council, 2006-07)
- Library Holdings (CARL, 2006-07)
- Research Intensive
What the Students Say
- Small class sizes
- Academically challenging; heavy workloads
- Largest post-secondary co-op program in the world
- Diverse, multicultural student body
- Research oriented; strong reputation for engineering, science, mathematics
Courses With Kudos
Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Health Sciences, Kinesiology, Environmental Studies, Nanotechnology
Student Sound Offs
"Waterloo is a very large school, with tons of world-renowned researchers, but the professors are always helpful and available for you to talk to."
"There are significant amounts of green space and trees on campus, which makes it nice in the summer months. The enclosed campus feel was one major feature that drew me to UW -- it is full of pedestrian walkways rather than being in the middle of busy city streets."
"The co-operative education program ... provides me with excellent, first-hand experience in a field related to my area of study and gives me opportunities to work for companies I would never have applied to otherwise."
"Students for the most part are easy-going, friendly, respectful, and not at all flashy. Everyone's here getting their butts kicked academically, but revelling in it."
"It is an extremely diverse university, with African-American, Caucasian, Asian, and Middle-Eastern ethnicities. There is tolerance and a feeling of acceptance for all cultures and religions."
"Our school spirit is terrible, no one goes to football games and a handful go to basketball and hockey games. It's really sad."
"Undergraduate research opportunities are many and very diverse; most also include financial compensation for the work."
"We are not all geeks in Waterloo. People here are nice and we have more fun because all students live so close and we get more social interaction without putting extra effort into it."
"Our grading system is stricter and more demanding than most universities. We use a percentage grading while many use letter grades."
Student survey results and additional indicators
For: University of Waterloo
Institution size classification: Large (see the methodology)
- Latest survey update: September 2012
- Other data sources: latest available data shown
- All letter grade results are student satisfaction data
Canadian University Report - Student Survey
Search by FIELD OF STUDY
Refine your results by selecting a field of study (the default is all fields of study combined).
Pick your Field of Study
Overall Student Satisfaction
Quality of Teaching
Results for this school
Average results among schools of size: Large