University of Saskatchewan
- Enrolments are “Full-time Equivalent” (FTE) figures (Statistics Canada, 2005-06)
- Operating Expenditures (CAUBO, 2005-06)
- Research Grants (Tri-Council, 2006-07)
- Library Holdings (CARL, 2006-07)
- John Dienfenbaker - former Prime Minister of Canada; Ramon Hnatyshyn - former Governor General; Roy Romanow - former Saskatchewan Premier
What the Students Say
- Celebrates its 100th anniversary this year
- Historic greystone buildings
- Strong school spirit ("Huskie Pride")
- World-class research facilities, including the Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization (VIDO) and Canada's only synchrotron
Courses With Kudos
Agriculture, Veterinary Medicine, Engineering, Medicine, Commerce, Dentistry, Kinesiology, Biochemistry/Biotechnology
Student Sound Offs
"Education at the UofS allows students ... to access those facilities that put us on the world map (e.g., the synchrotron). The UofS seems to focus on continually providing new buildings to house innovative research."
"With world-class research facilities like VIDO and our vet college, as well as our genetics department, virtual biotechnology college, and med school, U of S is the perfect choice for a path in the science field."
"They are currently in the process of scaling back arts and sciences, particularly humanities. ... Money that is brought in through A and S is diverted into other colleges, leaving departments in A and S starved for resources."
"The student unions and governments seem to be eating our money faster than tuition. Also, the lack of transparency at the administration level is abhorrent."
"There are far too many student government scandals that really make students feel they have no control over what goes on at their university."
"I have spoken to many people across a number of colleges that have complained about poor academic advising. The advisers are generally poor at explaining program details and often do not seem to know what they are talking about."
"The physical beauty of the campus is second to none! We have a park-like campus with beautiful gothic architecture."
"People rally around the Huskies. One only has to look at the amount of people who showed up at this year's Vanier Cup, when it was -20 outside, to see that."
"Saskatoon has perpetual winter during the majority of the school year, so students are unable to spend time outdoors."
"There are leaks all over the school and it gets really messy in the Arts building; it should be cleaned more often."
Student survey results and additional indicators
For: University of Saskatchewan
Institution size classification: Medium (see the methodology)
- Latest survey update: September 2012
- Other data sources: latest available data shown
- All letter grade results are student satisfaction data
Canadian University Report - Student Survey
Search by FIELD OF STUDY
Refine your results by selecting a field of study (the default is all fields of study combined).
Pick your Field of Study
Overall Student Satisfaction
Quality of Teaching
Results for this school
Average results among schools of size: Medium