University of Regina
- Enrolments are “Full-time Equivalent” (FTE) figures (Statistics Canada, 2005-06)
- Operating Expenditures (CAUBO, 2005-06)
- Research Grants (Tri-Council, 2006-07)
- Library Holdings (CARL, 2006-07)
- Ralph Goodale - former federal finance minister; Pamela Wallin - journalist and former diplomat
What the Students Say
- 3 federated colleges: Campion, Luther, First Nations University
- State-of-the-art sports and kinesiology centre
- Strong Education program
- Well-established co-op program, first in Western Canada
- Strong links with City of Regina, such as staging 2005 Canada Summer Games
Courses With Kudos
Education, Journalism, Engineering, Business, Kinesiology, Psychology, Social Work, Geology, Justice/Police Studies
Student Sound Offs
"The University of Regina has a lot of hands-on learning in some faculties. It is easier to learn like this rather than reading a textbook and memorizing."
"A good-sized university, neither too large or small."
"People always say that Regina is a dirty city and they don't like it. I moved here and I am so glad I did. It is a beautiful city with less snobby people."
"I think that most people don't realize how much better Luther and Campion classes are compared to the main campus's classes."
"It is just big enough that it does not take longer than 10 minutes to get from one building to the next, which saves a lot of time. It is a really nice campus that has been in the process of many upgrades and already looks a lot better."
"The fact that the University of Regina has the First Nations campus deserves more attention. People need to know that this facility and its opportunities are available."
"The UofR seems outdated with respect to their technology. The wireless network is not available everywhere on campus, the technology in classrooms needs to be updated, the computers in labs are very outdated and not enough professors use online materials."
"Very high levels of apathy. Most students appear to be keeping their heads down, and keeping to themselves or their small circle of friends from high school.
""The Faculty of Education is widely known as one of the best teaching preparation schools in North America. They also offer a program, Arts Education, that is the only thing like it in North America."
"Our residences are some of the best in Canada. They are brand new. You don't have to share little dorm rooms with others."
Student survey results and additional indicators
For: University of Regina
Institution size classification: Medium (see the methodology)
- Latest survey update: September 2012
- Other data sources: latest available data shown
- All letter grade results are student satisfaction data
Canadian University Report - Student Survey
Search by FIELD OF STUDY
Refine your results by selecting a field of study (the default is all fields of study combined).
Pick your Field of Study
Overall Student Satisfaction
Quality of Teaching
Results for this school
Average results among schools of size: Medium