Université du Québec (réseau / network)
- Enrolments are “Full-time Equivalent” (FTE) figures (Statistics Canada, 2005-06)
- Operating Expenditures (CAUBO, 2005-06)
- Research Grants (Tri-Council, 2006-07)
- Library Holdings (CARL, 2006-07)
What the Students Say
- Strong emphasis on research, regional development
- Students can register at one site and study at another
- More than 500 programs offered (majority in French)
- Many foreign students; co-op programs allow studies abroad
- Canada's largest university network, comprised of six main campuses and three research centres
Courses With Kudos
Engineering, Sciences, Urban Studies, Education, Communications, Marine Sciences, Business, Marketing, Political Science
Student Sound Offs
"It's a university of the people -- colourful, diversified, friendly, open-spirited, with freedom of expression."
"Most professors work actively in their field, and connect their real-life work experiences to their theoretical teaching."
"The associations with the other campuses of the university means you can have a personally tailored education, rich in experiences."
"The dynamism of UQ-Montreal is extraordinary! It's lively and professors are stimulating and accessible."
"People are very lively and open, there's lots of activities organized by the student associations and groups."
"I love the location of my school [in Montreal]... It's easy to get around, and it's near theatres and festivals."
"The fact that UQ-Outaouais is a small university means students get to know each other quickly. The many organized activities also bring people together. You feel connected on campus, and there's always a sense of security."
"The residences are awesome and cheap."
"There are a lot of research labs, quite accessible, that do excellent research work, quite interesting and applicable."
"Most of the professors are young (28 to 40 years), they're easy to approach; they get their students thinking and include them in discussions."
Student survey results and additional indicators
For: Université du Québec (réseau / network)
Institution size classification: Large (see the methodology)
- No survey data available
- Other data sources: latest available data shown
- All letter grade results are student satisfaction data
Canadian University Report - Student Survey
Search by FIELD OF STUDY
Refine your results by selecting a field of study (the default is all fields of study combined).
Pick your Field of Study
Overall Student Satisfaction
Quality of Teaching
Results for this school
Average results among schools of size: Large