Université de Sherbrooke
- 2500, boul de l'Université, Sherbrooke, QC, J1K 2R1view map
- (819) 821-7686
- (800) 267-8337
- Enrolments are “Full-time Equivalent” (FTE) figures (Statistics Canada, 2005-06)
- Operating Expenditures (CAUBO, 2005-06)
- Research Grants (Tri-Council, 2006-07)
- Library Holdings (CARL, 2006-07)
- Jean Charest - Quebec Premier
What the Students Say
- Renowned co-op program with placements in each year of studies
- Main campus on side of Mont Bellevue; pleasant views, open space
- Health-sciences campus is part of large hospital complex
- Large number of international students
Courses With Kudos
Medicine, Health Sciences, Engineering Education, Management, Law, Pharmacology
Student Sound Offs
"There's a good mix of theory and practice, which allows us to better understand the material. The professors aren't just theorists; they have experience in the field."
"Sherbrooke is really a student town (15% of the Sherbrooke population are students) and these students come from all over Quebec and even from all over the world. So there's a very nice atmosphere on campus."
"My course of study offers internships in the middle of each academic year. These internships allow you to be immersed in your future work environment."
"The professors are very close to the students and very available to help us."
"Some professors who come from the world of business are not suited for teaching. They know their field, but they aren't good instructors."
"I particularly like the library ... They give you an e-mail reminder when books are due, and you can renew online."
"The sports centre is a nice place, and not expensive. It's totally free to book courts and to access the pool. It allows us to relax, to play sports, and to do activities with friends."
"It is medium size, which, in my opinion, makes it 'warmer' than the big universities, where the atmosphere is more impersonal."
"The location of the university is magnificent, with nice, clean green spaces. The fountain is nice too. It's really the cleanliness of the grounds and its position on the mountain that give it its beauty."
"I like that the university isn't in a big city like Montreal or Toronto, and that people are more welcoming. Students come from all over Quebec, so there's a good cultural exchange."
Student survey results and additional indicators
For: Université de Sherbrooke
Institution size classification: Medium (see the methodology)
- Latest survey update: September 2012
- Other data sources: latest available data shown
- All letter grade results are student satisfaction data
Canadian University Report - Student Survey
Search by FIELD OF STUDY
Refine your results by selecting a field of study (the default is all fields of study combined).
Pick your Field of Study
Overall Student Satisfaction
Quality of Teaching
Results for this school
Average results among schools of size: Medium