Université de Montréal
- C. P. 6128 succ. Centre-ville, Montréal, QC, H3C 3J7view map
- (514) 343-6111
- (514) 343-2098
- École des Hautes Études Commerciales de Montréal - (HEC), École Polytechnique de Montréal
- Enrolments are “Full-time Equivalent” (FTE) figures (Statistics Canada, 2005-06)
- Operating Expenditures (CAUBO, 2005-06)
- Research Grants (Tri-Council, 2006-07)
- Library Holdings (CARL, 2006-07)
- Research Intensive
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau - former Prime Minister of Canada; Louise Arbour - former United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights; Denis Arcand - filmmaker
What the Students Say
- Francophone university founded in 1878, international reputation
- Diverse, multicultural population
- Main campus on historic Mount Royal
- Research: Affiliated with the École Polytechnique & HEC Montréal
- Large, well-known sports and leisure facility (CEPSUM)
Courses With Kudos
Medicine, Business, Law, Engineering, Music, Criminology, Psychology, Education, Pharmacy
Student Sound Offs
"The quality of the education, the excellence of the teachers. It's just as good as any Ivy League university out there, though a lot cheaper (thankfully!)"
"Some professors have problems expressing themselves in French, so the classes are more difficult to follow."
"Access to leisure activities, whether it's to take part in sports or to watch films, is very good. CEPSUM offers students the possibility of taking advantage of the Olympic swimming pool and playing courts for free."
"The neighbourhood is both urban and peaceful. Every service is nearby and wooded areas are accessible."
"It seems like a very safe environment: there a security officers in ever building, security agents patrolling the streets around the school, etc."
"The campus is very stretched out, which means that you don't really feel that you're on a campus like at Laval University, for example."
"There's lots of jobs available for research assistants."
"People tend to be a bit snobbish. The students in general are very neat and very rich and if you're not like them they tend to look right through you. They all think that UdeM is the best."
"The University of Montreal should be known for its engaged students and cultural diversity."
"The snobbery of University of Montreal's students is a myth ... most of the time."
Student survey results and additional indicators
For: Université de Montréal
Institution size classification: Large (see the methodology)
- No survey data available
- Other data sources: latest available data shown
- All letter grade results are student satisfaction data
Canadian University Report - Student Survey
Search by FIELD OF STUDY
Refine your results by selecting a field of study (the default is all fields of study combined).
Pick your Field of Study
Overall Student Satisfaction
Quality of Teaching
Results for this school
Average results among schools of size: Large