- 1600 West Bank Drive, Peterborough, ON, K9J 7B8view map
- (705) 748-1011
- (888) 739-8885
- (705) 748-1246
- Enrolments are “Full-time Equivalent” (FTE) figures (Statistics Canada, 2005-06)
- Operating Expenditures (CAUBO, 2005-06)
- Research Grants (Tri-Council, 2006-07)
- Library Holdings (CARL, 2006-07)
- James Orbinski - co-founder of Doctors Without Borders; Yann Martel - Author; Richard Wright - Author
What the Students Say
- Relaxing out-of-town location with river and greenery
- Striking concrete buildings
- Controversially rebranding itself to compete with big universities
- Welcoming, tolerant community
- Students at Oshawa campus have access to facilities at Durham College and University of Ontario Institute of Technology
Courses With Kudos
Environmental and Resource Studies, Indigenous Studies, International Development, Forensic Science, Canadian Studies, Concurrent Teacher Education
Student Sound Offs
"What I love best about the quality of education at Trent has to be the teacher/student ratio. It is one of the lowest in Canada, if not the lowest. All of my seminar leaders/TA's know me by name."
"Every class has seminars or labs connected to the lectures -- makes learning much more effective."
"The slogan was, for years, 'Canada's small outstanding university.' Ever since the administration has ruled that 'The World Belongs to Those Who Understand It,' Trent has become no longer small nor outstanding."
"Trent is a very welcoming university that gives everyone the benefit of the doubt."
"I enjoy the fact that the Trent campus has a lot of trees and nature. We also have the Otonabee River running through the campus, which is very appealing. In all seasons except winter, there are always students playing music and playing various games."
"I'm a big fan of the architecture here. The modernist/geometric shapes contrast really well with the very organic setting."
"The community atmosphere for students leaving home for the first time. It's an easy adjustment for them and it's often overlooked in recruiting."
"There doesn't seem to be a lot of school spirit. Our athletic program is very limited. We don't have a hockey team or a football team."
Student survey results and additional indicators
For: Trent University
Institution size classification: Small (see the methodology)
- Latest survey update: September 2012
- Other data sources: latest available data shown
- All letter grade results are student satisfaction data
Canadian University Report - Student Survey
Search by FIELD OF STUDY
Refine your results by selecting a field of study (the default is all fields of study combined).
Pick your Field of Study
Overall Student Satisfaction
Quality of Teaching
Results for this school
Average results among schools of size: Small