- Enrolments are “Full-time Equivalent” (FTE) figures (Statistics Canada, 2005-06)
- Operating Expenditures (CAUBO, 2005-06)
- Research Grants (Tri-Council, 2006-07)
- Library Holdings (CARL, 2006-07)
- Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts founder Isadore Sharp; broadcasters Wendy Mesley and Valerie Pringle; Director of the Master in Urban Planning Program, Harvard University Judith Grant Long; Executive Chairman and CEO of St. Joseph Communications Tony Gagliano; world-renowned fashion designer Jeremy Laing; pioneering landscape architect Janet Rosenberg.
What the Students Say
- Practical, hands-on approach to learning
- In heart of downtown Toronto
- Friendly, multicultural student body
- Wide number of programs; unique areas of study
- Co-op work placements in many programs
Courses With Kudos
Fashion/Design, Journalism, Radio/TV, Nursing, Business/Marketing, Theatre, Graphic Communications, Engineering, Urban Planning, Photography/Film
Student Sound Offs
"At Ryerson the teachers are not chosen based on their research or awards they have won; they are chosen based on their teaching ability. All my teachers know my name, and I found that they legitimately care about their students."
"Because the campus is rather small and right in the middle of downtown, the buildings close in around the area and makes it feel more welcoming ... a cozy space that is separated from the loud streets ... There are always places to go close by, whether it be just hanging out, to grab lunch or shop."
"I like that there are many cultures and can get along and interact with each other with respect. I have many interactions with people with backgrounds from India, Philippines, China, Spain. Italy."
"People are down-to-earth. They are not over-privileged, competitive overachievers."
"Everyone is here because they are passionate about their programs, and it shows."
"School spirit is almost none existent outside of rez. Very large commuting population so every one goes home [after classes]. People need to travel for 40 minutes or more in most cases ... they don't have time to stick around and contribute to school spirit."
"We are always compared to UofT [and] called 'Rye High' ... Yes, our buildings are like giant high schools with lockers and all, but we are a great university."
"The Recreation/Athletic Centre is great! They have like-new equipment, great hours, friendly staff!"
"The student newspapers provide excellent coverage of campus news and allow a forum of heated, but thought-provoking, debate. Overall, the school does a very good job of encouraging student involvement on campus and critical thinking about important issues facing our community."
"The homeless population that hangs around the school spreads a sense of uneasiness, and adds to the feeling of an unsafe campus."
Student survey results and additional indicators
For: Ryerson University
Institution size classification: Large (see the methodology)
- Latest survey update: September 2012
- Other data sources: latest available data shown
- All letter grade results are student satisfaction data
Canadian University Report - Student Survey
Search by FIELD OF STUDY
Refine your results by selecting a field of study (the default is all fields of study combined).
Pick your Field of Study
Overall Student Satisfaction
Quality of Teaching
Results for this school
Average results among schools of size: Large