- Enrolments are “Full-time Equivalent” (FTE) figures (Statistics Canada, 2005-06)
- Operating Expenditures (CAUBO, 2005-06)
- Research Grants (Tri-Council, 2006-07)
- Library Holdings (CARL, 2006-07)
- English / French with respective degrees
- Alex Baumann - Olympic gold-medalist swimmer; Marie-Paul Poulin - Senator; Roy MacGregor - writer; Rick Bartolucci, Liberal MPP; Dr. Ray Wiss, trauma team leader chief and Canadian Forces Captain (Afghanistan)
What the Students Say
- Bilingual haven in northern Ontario
- Pristine natural surroundings
- New medical school
- Safe, isolated campus
- Has web of affiliated schools in northern Ontario
Courses With Kudos
Mining engineering, Nursing, Geology, Human Kinetics, Medicine, History, French, Commerce
Student Sound Offs
"This is a small university, so people do not just fall into the background. Students are able to be themselves and be recognized."
"We have an awesome network of campus trails and wilderness areas used for recreation and research. We also have a wonderful, private sandy beach right on campus."
"The medical school that has just opened has many advanced tools and equipment, and offers an education that parallels McMaster's."
"There is a lot of important and cutting-edge research going on here."
"Employers in Northern Ontario take graduates of Laurentian very seriously in the hiring process."
"There is no student housing within walking distance of campus, so most students are forced to live in residence all four or five years."
"I feel safe. Sometimes I leave my laptop in the caf and I can be sure that when I go to get it, it will be there!"
"Our student card also doubles as a public transportation bus pass. We pay an annual fee of about $150, which is incredibly affordable and convenient for students."
"Since it's a small school some teachers are required to teach subjects they don't necessarily specialize in."
"The student services are amazing here. The bursaries, as well as availability of help, for students with disabilities is above average."
Student survey results and additional indicators
For: Laurentian University
Institution size classification: Small (see the methodology)
- Latest survey update: September 2012
- Other data sources: latest available data shown
- All letter grade results are student satisfaction data
Canadian University Report - Student Survey
Search by FIELD OF STUDY
Refine your results by selecting a field of study (the default is all fields of study combined).
Pick your Field of Study
Overall Student Satisfaction
Quality of Teaching
Results for this school
Average results among schools of size: Small