- Enrolments are “Full-time Equivalent” (FTE) figures (Statistics Canada, 2005-06)
- Operating Expenditures (CAUBO, 2005-06)
- Research Grants (Tri-Council, 2006-07)
- Library Holdings (CARL, 2006-07)
What the Students Say
- Campus boasts lake, river, walking/bike trails, adjoining forest
- Small classes promote interactions with professors
- Friendly, small-town feel
- Online distance learning
- Indigenous Learning program open to aboriginal and non-aboriginal students
Courses With Kudos
Nursing; Education; Forestry; Engineering; Kinesiology; Outdoor Recreation and Tourism
Student Sound Offs
"Whether on-line course or classroom, every professor has gone out of their way to ensure I have the support needed. Their respect and caring was genuine. Great positive reinforcement."
"Professors do the teaching! Many of my friends at other universities are taught almost exclusively by teacher's assistants/master's students ... It gives me the feeling that I get more out of my tuition."
"The campus is beautiful, with a lake in the middle and a river flowing through. There is also a forest behind campus in which you can see lots of wildlife as you hike or walk through the trails. Both cafeterias and some study areas look out over this."
"A lot of the programs that dealt with the outdoors were actually done outdoors."
"The best service Lakehead offers is the aboriginal entry programs, especially the nursing and engineering services. I'm proud that Lakehead has programs that assist students from specific backgrounds."
"The tunnels to move around to the different buildings are awesome in our winter months or during rainy seasons."
"I like the sense of safety and community and the tolerance and lack of racism."
"The students who go to Lakehead are what makes the university great. Students who are passionate about environmental sustainability and social justice are drawn to Lakehead."
"I am able to complete my education almost six hours away from the university at a satellite campus in my home town via web cast."
Student survey results and additional indicators
For: Lakehead University
Institution size classification: Small (see the methodology)
- Latest survey update: September 2012
- Other data sources: latest available data shown
- All letter grade results are student satisfaction data
Canadian University Report - Student Survey
Search by FIELD OF STUDY
Refine your results by selecting a field of study (the default is all fields of study combined).
Pick your Field of Study
Overall Student Satisfaction
Quality of Teaching
Results for this school
Average results among schools of size: Small