- 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd West, Montréal, QC, H3G 1M8view map
- (514) 848-2424
- (514) 848-2621
- Enrolments are “Full-time Equivalent” (FTE) figures (Statistics Canada, 2005-06)
- Operating Expenditures (CAUBO, 2005-06)
- Research Grants (Tri-Council, 2006-07)
- Library Holdings (CARL, 2006-07)
- Stuart McLean - broadcaster and author; Mordecai Richler - author; Glen Murray - former mayor of Winnipeg; Nino Ricci - Author; Mario Dumont - Action Démocratique du Québec Party Leader; Richard Pound - Chancellor McGill University; Arsinée Khanjian - Actress
What the Students Say
- Liberal, multicultural community in heart of vibrant city
- Wide variety of courses/programs not available elsewhere
- Relevant "hands-on" teaching
- Co-op work programs
- Free shuttle buses ferry students between two campuses, seven km apart
Courses With Kudos
Business, Fine Arts, Film Studies, Computer Science, Journalism, Engineering
Student Sound Offs
"Real education for the real world - it is their slogan, and this is exactly what they are offering."
"We are a mini-United Nations - there are students and faculty from every corner of this planet. This brings an interesting viewpoint to the university community."
"Concordia is like a smaller city within Montreal. We have our own government, arguments, theatres, bar, coffee shops, etc. The overall atmosphere is just friendly, safe, and fun."
"Concordia has a reputation for being 'not McGill'... people think that I study here because I couldn't get in to McGill. This isn't true. I chose Concordia over McGill because of its welcoming atmosphere in the science department, as did many other people I know. In fact, I know several people who left McGill in favour of Concordia because they couldn't stand McGill's attitude!"
"The classes are small, even at the first-year level, and so are often very intimate and interactive and your professor can really get to know students."
"[Sir George Williams] is in the heart of downtown, which is nifty because it feels like the university is always alive. I like the interaction and mingling with non-students. And at the Loyola campus we can also take advantage of green space."
"The multicultural aspect of Concordia is what attracted me ... I love the overall quality of the programs - the inclusiveness of all issues - the community involvement and the support students get from the faculty to follow their dreams."
"Because students are very politically active, classes can be disrupted by prolonged debate which is well removed from course material."
"It is very conducive to part-time, working students. They offer flexible schedules which really helps a lot of students to get a part-time job, and not feel too overwhelmed with the idea of money and debt."
Student survey results and additional indicators
For: Concordia University
Institution size classification: Large (see the methodology)
- Latest survey update: September 2012
- Other data sources: latest available data shown
- All letter grade results are student satisfaction data
Canadian University Report - Student Survey
Search by FIELD OF STUDY
Refine your results by selecting a field of study (the default is all fields of study combined).
Pick your Field of Study
Overall Student Satisfaction
Quality of Teaching
Results for this school
Average results among schools of size: Large