- 1125 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, ON, K1S 5B6view map
- (613) 520-7400
- (888) 354-4414
- (613) 520-7858
- Enrolments are “Full-time Equivalent” (FTE) figures (Statistics Canada, 2005-06)
- Operating Expenditures (CAUBO, 2005-06)
- Research Grants (Tri-Council, 2006-07)
- Library Holdings (CARL, 2006-07)
- Dan Aykroyd - Actor and Comedian; Conrad Black, former businessman; Edward Greenspon, Editor-in-Chief of The Globe and Mail; Angus Reid - pollster
What the Students Say
- Broad green spaces yet adjacent to Ottawa
- Underdog reputation
- Between-building tunnels for long winters
- Academic advisers go the extra mile
- Seemingly non-stop construction projects
Courses With Kudos
Journalism, Engineering, Architecture, Political Science, Criminology, Humanities
Student Sound Offs
"Surrounded by the river and the canal, the campus is beautiful and full of little nooks and crannies where it is possible to study. It's a very friendly place."
"There are underground tunnels linking all the buildings so that you never need to walk outside, if you so choose."
"Maclean's dubbed it 'Last Chance U.' I came here by choice. The school and the city have given me good opportunity to reach my career goal."
"I like the way the school gets behind the Ravens basketball team and supports them."
"The Student Academic Success Centre is the best, as they review your essays and help in improving your paper. They tell you your mistakes, and the people who edit your essays are specific to your course."
"Carleton is a bit of a self-sustaining environment and somewhat removed from the rest of the city. It allows for a more quiet campus, and most people who don't have a vested interest in being on campus aren't."
"Academic support and counselling -- each major has its own department that can be contacted at any time in order to discuss your degree."
"There aren't enough chances for instructors, TAs, and students to interact in an informal setting."
"We are fairly high on technological advances in terms of offering lectures on podcasts, over the Internet, on television, etc."
"There is a large international student population, which I think it great, but everyone sticks to their own groups and there is very little intermingling."
Student survey results and additional indicators
For: Carleton University
Institution size classification: Large (see the methodology)
- Latest survey update: September 2012
- Other data sources: latest available data shown
- All letter grade results are student satisfaction data
Canadian University Report - Student Survey
Search by FIELD OF STUDY
Refine your results by selecting a field of study (the default is all fields of study combined).
Pick your Field of Study
Overall Student Satisfaction
Quality of Teaching
Results for this school
Average results among schools of size: Large