- 500 Glenridge Avenue, St. Catharines, ON, L2S 3A1view map
- (905) 688-5550
- (905) 688-2789
- Enrolments are “Full-time Equivalent” (FTE) figures (Statistics Canada, 2005-06)
- Operating Expenditures (CAUBO, 2005-06)
- Research Grants (Tri-Council, 2006-07)
- Library Holdings (CARL, 2006-07)
- Rick Campanelli - television personality, actor; Daniel Adair - Musician, Nickelback
What the Students Say
- Small, easy-to-navigate campuses
- Main campus perched on the green Niagara Escarpment
- Seminar system of learning
- Good reputation for teacher education
- Resentment for: "If you can walk and talk you can go to Brock"
Courses With Kudos
Teacher Education, Kinesiology, Business, Accounting, Sports Management, Health Sciences
Student Sound Offs
"It feels like its very own little community, separate from St. Catharines. It's very homey."
"A lot of universities are surrounded by concrete. I like being able to walk outside and see green."
"The seminar system helps a lot. These smaller classroom environments help you communicate ideas, speak in front of strangers, interact with others in your program, and have more one on one time with faculty and TAs."
"Brock has a really good reputation for its teaching graduates. They are usually hired first before other schools."
"Its relatively small size has fostered a real sense of community. One tends to know the majority of students in one's program, and even strangers smile and hold the door for each other. It is a very positive place to learn."
"The smaller upper-year class sizes (15-50 students) allows you to perform at a higher standard than a class with over 1,000 people in it."
"The professors are very enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the subject that they are teaching. It is evident that they truly enjoy what they do."
"There is no school spirit. There is no history to Brock, no traditions. At McMaster or Queen's, people are involved with the school and extra-curricular activities and their sport teams. Here at Brock, it's not the same.'"
"Considering its size, Brock provides one of the most diverse and comprehensive recreational service programs. From intramural sports to rec services and programs, Brock stands in a league of its own."
"The new gym facilities and Olympic-sized pool are top of the line. Brock offers such a wide range of intramurals it's difficult not to participate."
Student survey results and additional indicators
For: Brock University
Institution size classification: Medium (see the methodology)
- Latest survey update: September 2012
- Other data sources: latest available data shown
- All letter grade results are student satisfaction data
Canadian University Report - Student Survey
Search by FIELD OF STUDY
Refine your results by selecting a field of study (the default is all fields of study combined).
Pick your Field of Study
Overall Student Satisfaction
Quality of Teaching
Results for this school
Average results among schools of size: Medium