- 2600 College Street, Sherbrooke, QC, J1M 1Z7view map
- (819) 822-9600
- (877) 822-8200
- (819) 822-9661
- Enrolments are “Full-time Equivalent” (FTE) figures (Statistics Canada, 2005-06)
- Operating Expenditures (CAUBO, 2005-06)
- Research Grants (Tri-Council, 2006-07)
- Library Holdings (CARL, 2006-07)
- Don Murray - CBC correspondent; Robert Ghiz - Prince Edward Island Premier; Maude Abbott — one of Canada's earliest female medical graduates, founder of the Federation of Medical Women of Canada
What the Students Say
- An Anglophone island in Quebec
- Hands-on profs, few TAs
- Small-town "bubble" can be stifling
- Lack of diversity
- Party-school reputation
Courses With Kudos
Business, Education, Liberal Arts, Humanities
Student Sound Offs
"The quality of education is quite high; we might be able to drink you under the table, but we can write better essays than you while we do it."
"An English community in Quebec -- the best of both worlds."
"We don't have many TAs because we don't need them. Professors grade and aid students in almost every program."
"It is easy to know your professors, their expectations, and get their feedback."
"We aren't totally isolated from the world. Downtown Sherbrooke is really only a five minute drive down the road. It only feels like the country out here."
"The school spirit is fantastic. At a sports game you would never know that we're just a school of 2,000 students."
"Because the faculty is much smaller than at other universities, there is a limited number of courses to choose from. Sometimes courses are not offered during certain semesters."
"There are few teachers in each department, therefore if there is a teacher with whom you do not get along or have trouble learning from, you will most likely spend several classes with this teacher."
"Not a lot of opportunity to interface with the real world. We don't take classroom theory and apply it to the real world."
"Alumni stay involved many years after graduating."
Student survey results and additional indicators
For: Bishop's University
Institution size classification: Very Small (see the methodology)
- Latest survey update: September 2012
- Other data sources: latest available data shown
- All letter grade results are student satisfaction data
Canadian University Report - Student Survey
Search by FIELD OF STUDY
Refine your results by selecting a field of study (the default is all fields of study combined).
Pick your Field of Study
Overall Student Satisfaction
Quality of Teaching
Results for this school
Average results among schools of size: Very Small